Friday, January 06, 2006

From the Barbelith Underground Archives

Learn the wisdom of the Barbelith Underground...

On Green Lantern:
It would be like Buffy showing up halfway through The Godfather series and kicking Mafia vampire butt. Grotesque. -- Tom Coates (November 12, 2003)

I feel ashamed that I know more about Green Lantern than I do my own medical history. -- Tuna Ghost (October 4, 2004)

Ch'p was great wasn't he. He was hit by a yellow truck, in Mosaic wasn't he? -- Benny the Ball (October 4, 2004)

C'hp must be avenged by his brother. D'le. --Lord Morgue (October 4, 2004)

Do you ever wonder if maybe you should have perhaps devoted all this effort to something more useful? Well, too late now, you're stuck with the knowledge that Cyclops's father is the captain of a group of intergalatic pirates known as the StarJammers, instead of the quadratic equation, until you fucking die. Live with it. -- Tuna Ghost (October 4, 2004)

I see it as my own little mental illness I share with about 50,000 other people. -- Solitaire Rose found his cat! (prev. known as Solitaire Rose misses his cat) (October 6, 2004)

A resident of this known Grant Morrison Fansite specifically tackles Green Lantern: Mosaic:
God, that series was wierd. -- Benny the Ball (October 4, 2004)

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear god, those are funny.

    And embarrassingly, many of them, for me, are true. :-)

    Egads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know more about my medical history.

    My future isn't completely lost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I realized that my mind was chock full o' worthless information about the time my wife pointed out to me that I could remember every one of Iron Man's variant armors but couldn't keep my kids' Social Security numbers memorized.

    I'm pretty sure this puts me out of the running for Father of The Year.

    ReplyDelete