Saturday, July 30, 2011

Checking In

I've been mainly keeping to tumblr and twitter since my last post because I've spent the last two weeks in complete moving frenzy. My new assignment is still in Germany, but closing up your house and getting prepared to move is still exhausting and I was knee-deep in work stuff up until last week. I haven't been able to focus on anything serious. That's why I haven't really commented on the Batgirl of San Diego (though really, what is there so say now but "Thumbs up, Batgirl"?) or Womanthology's funding frenzy (though I got my script in and have even seen some character sketches! Yee!) or anything but Green Lantern on Tumblr.

Green Lantern requires very little energy to ramble on about right now, because I am back in full-on Green Lantern obsession mode. Rambling about Kyle Rayner on Tumblr and Twitter is actually a form a relaxation right now.

I wasn't quite up to a serious blogpost here on the subject, though.

In the meantime, I and my illustrious companions have been keeping up with Dispatches From the Fridge, so if you missed the commentary on the Batgirl of San Diego, Womanthology, or the loss of the Supermarriage I have lots of links from the past couple weekends there.

In the meantime, I did the Fangirl Friday interview over at Fantastic Fangirls. It has a short (for me) rundown of my recommendations for new fans just getting into Green Lantern.

I've finally gotten out of the apartment, out of the base, and have mailed/shipped everything but a few books that'll fit in my trunk. Now it's a few weeks experiencing the horror of family togetherness and then it's back to Germany. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to get back to serious blogging again during the trip. I've got some thoughts on Aida I need to share.

8 comments:

  1. I love how getting ready to move and your job do not count as serious things to focus on. :)

    And the Horror part will only happen if you try to discuss politics with mother or when you see your Furry Bastard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's not what it meant and you know it. Jeez, you split so many hairs it's a wonder they're still visible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, wait, wait. YOU are contributing to Womanthology? I thought they were getting actual professionals not lame female bloggers. Jesus! ROFL! Do those that donated know that they're getting writers of your "caliber" instead of actual writers and artists? Who is doing the art on your entry? Ming Doyle? ROFL!! What a scam this was. Probably a cover by Amanda Conner and then a bunch of lesbo poetry or some shit. Good luck with the whole conning people out of their money so you can feel "empowered".

    Sincerely,
    JohnV

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think someone's envy is showing.

    Mine, too, come to that. I can honestly say that having something I wrote published with works by Annie Nocenti and Gail Simone would be too cool for school, and beyond a page or two here and there I'm not sure I've read anything either women has written. (My loss, needless to say, and one I should correct.)

    Here's hoping the book does well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cullen -- He's also envious because I'm a better troll than he is.

    Thanks1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since Clark is single can he actually explore his options this time around? The fact that Clark never made any attempts to explore the options available to him and focused soley on Lois just made him seem...creepy.

    The dude lives in the city. He has a high profile job and he doesn't seem to be hurting for cash. He should be going out on some dates.

    Clark also needs a real friend this time around. Batman and Jimmy Olsen just won't do. Jimmy Olsen is just a kid and Batman is..well..Batman. Clark needs to have friends.

    But I doubt we are going to get any of that stuff. DC is just going to turn him into a creepy stalker again. In the teaser showing Lois Lane's new boyfriend Clark uses his powers to ease drop on Lois.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoops meant "eavesdrop"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have recently been a fan of green lantern comics. Certainly must rundown that fangirl friday interview. buy aion accounts

    ReplyDelete