Tuesday, November 14, 2006

February Solicits Time

Finally we get the Wonder Woman#5 promo. Now if we could just see the third issue.
WONDER WOMAN #5
Written by Allan Heinberg
Art and cover by Terry & Rachel Dodson

Concluding the 5-part story “Who is Wonder Woman?” The combined forces of Wonder Woman’s transformed rogues gallery declare all-out war on the amazing Amazon, compelling the all-new Wonder Woman to mend fences and join forces with her predecessor and with Wonder Girl if she’s going to survive to finally answer the question: “Who Is Wonder Woman?”
On sale February 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US


Here's the rest.

While I'm not fond of the current Green Lantern, it will be over and we'll get a surprise. I'm already surprised by how well I took the news of that month's guest star in Ion. This is when the new writer takes over The Flash. I'm not sure I trust even Darwyn Cooke with The Spirit still. The phrase "Omega Women" made me cringe. Captain Comet is still solicited as Captain Comet (Take that, Starlin!) and I like the Marilyn Monroe-style JSA cover.

9 comments:

  1. My only problem with the JSA cover is that it looks like she's not wearing underwear...otherwise, I like the contrast the green costume makes with her red hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Heinberg was doing a 6-issue stint not a 5-issue one. Did I misremember, or did they tell him to cut his losses and just get it done?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the sort of thing I ever imagined myself saying about an Alex Ross painting, but the JSA #3 cover is cute as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should we take bets as to whether this solicit will actually come out on time? Given it's November and issue #3 comes out next week (knock on wood), they're going to have to release issue 4 either in December or January to make February issue 5.

    I'm really excited about Dan Slott doing two issues of JLA Classified. And, very excited about Dwayne McDuffie on Firestorm (although, not so much about Ken Lashley on art). And, also excited about learning more about Maxine Hunkle as Cyclone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wondy, yay! I wonder how much Dodson has actually already pencilled?

    As for Donna in Ion, sigh. When is that girl going to get a damned direction and stop bouncing around with cosmic warnings. Is she the new Harbinger or the new Pariah? am i the only one who remembers her once being fun and 'ginchy' (whatever THAT is)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan Slott - His JLA Classified arc is just old work he did for the original JLA title before it was cancelled. I'm not even sure he wrote the script. Anyway, he's Marvel exclusive now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was she really "ginchy?" Because that's, uh, that's a term of abuse. A pretty severe one, actually.

    Maybe it meant something different in the 60s?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey James, you never saw a Gidget movie? Being the ginchiest was a term of approbation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmmmmmm,

    far as i was aware, ginchy was a good thing, and strangely i've only ever heard it in reference to Donna, am I showing my lack of experience? anyone care to share etymology and meanings, i'm now intrigued (and wary of causing offence, and of hijacking these comments)

    alex x

    ReplyDelete