Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How to Read Womanthology for a Fraction of the Price.



"It's $50! I can't afford it."

"I want it, but it's SO expensive!"

Every time I see that I wish there was a way to knock down the price on Womanthology, and then I slap myself for that. Because it's a charity book, and that money is going towards a good cause.

But what about the people who want to read but can't spare the full price?

Well, I have a solution. Unfortunately, it means that you need 1-4 friends. If you are so fortunate as to have 1-4 friends, you can split the price between the group of you and only pay $10-$25.

There is, of course, only one problem there.



But this is one easily solved in the spirit of the Womanthology project! Each investor can read and enjoy it in an order determined by use of a random number generator, and then when the last person is finished you can donate it to a nearby library for other people to enjoy.


But, I hear you say, then the five of us will have spent our $10 on nothing! No, you donated $10 to Global Giving and your local library, supported your local comic book store and got a good read out of it.

But I don't have the spare ten dollars. I understand. Can you find five friends who do and then check it out of the library once they've donated it?

I don't have five friends who live near me. You can either work out some sort of mail order thing, or convince other people on the internet to do this, and then check out the book by Inter-Library Loan.

I have $20-40 dollars and 2-9 friends. Should we do this with more than one copy? Yes. And let the two people above know which libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment