Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Not All of These Are Rational.

In honor of yesterday's Lovecraft post...


Thirteen Things That Terrify Ragnell Beyond (Because Of) Her Imagination


1. Stories about Witches.
2. Moonlight shining off of reflective surfaces in a darkened room.
3. Standing on any rickety structure that requires that I carefully maintain my balance.
4. Impalement.
5. My reflection in a mirror that's placed in a darkened room. (this ties in with #1)
6. Accidentally dropping something heavy on the cat, and killing him.
7. Ghosts.
8. Being sucked into a jet engine. (A big danger where I work)
9. Sharp pointy things in the vicinity of my eyes. (This is why I am so attached to my ugly round glasses)
10. Losing a finger. (another danger where I work)
11. Being accidentally choked to death by a necklace.
12. Sleeping through a Tornado.
13. Spiders.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Racy Li
2. Kalinara
3. Artemis
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



7 comments:

  1. I've got one! http://kalinara.blogspot.com/2007/02/bandwagon-jumping-thursday-13.html

    One of these days I'll have an original thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witches? really?
    I'm terrified beyond explanation of needles, falling (not heights, falling), and airplanes.
    Mine is up now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly enough ghosts don't bother me...probably because I SWEAR my house is haunted. It is 150 years old after all. I'm particularly fond of the scratching noises next to my head, but when you turn on the light there isn't anything there.

    I'm with you on spiders though. Yuchhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what scares the crap out of me? Ouija boards. I won't touch the things. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely if you manage to sleep through a tornado you can't be badly affected by it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Witches? Ghosts?

    Nah.

    But H.P. Lovecraft scares the crap out of me. I hate tentacles. They totally skeeve/scare me.

    ReplyDelete